Sorting Eigenvalues/EigenVectors

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8099] Sorting Eigenvalues/EigenVectors
  • From: jslater at cs.wright.edu (Joseph C. Slater)
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 00:54:39 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Is there an easy way to sort the results of EigenSystem so that the
eigenvalues are in increasing order? I can pull them out of the results and
sort them, but the association of the eigenvalues with the eigenvectors is
lost. I've been RTFMing for quite a while, and I still can't figure this
out.

Thanks, Joe Slater

Dr. Joseph C. Slater                  mailto:jslater at cs.wright.edu
Mechanical and Materials Engineering      office:+1 (937) 775-5085
Wright State University                      fax:+1 (937) 775-5009

Dayton, OH 45435   http://www.cs.wright.edu/people/faculty/jslater