Can Mathematica Do This?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg8124] Can Mathematica Do This?
- From: fahad at cs.pitt.edu (Fahad A Hoymany)
- Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 00:55:04 -0400
- Organization: Univ. of Pittsburgh Computer Science
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Before I go on to investigate this problem, and because I'm not familiar with the capability of Mathematica, could someone tell me if Mathematica can: 1) Find the partial derivative of a function of three variables, f(x,y,z), with respect to each variable? 2) Find the minimum (x,y,z) for f? The function f is not very complicated, involving only first and second order expressions in x,y, and z. I'd very much appreciate a "yes" or "no" answer. Thanks Fahad