Re: Mathematica 3.0 html conversion works?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6239] Re: [mg6207] Mathematica 3.0 html conversion works?
  • From: seanross at worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 03:22:20 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Tai Morris wrote:

> Has anyone been able to successfully convert a notebook
> to HTML using Mathematica 3.0 built-in HTML conversion
> (on a Mac)? I tried on 3 differents machines with no
> luck. It doesn't hang but just goes on and on...
>
> Thanks
> Tai

Most of the file format conversion routines in MMA3.0 have trouble.
Wolfram has admitted the bugs exist and plans to fix at least some of
them in the next release.  I have noticed that the kernel commands like
Display convert files much better than their counterparts in the
frontend drop down menus.  Unfortunately, html is not covered by the
Display command.  You could export the graphics as GIF files, which is
covered by the Display command and export the text via the clipboard.