External files & FASTBINARYFILES & MathLink

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg5855] External files & FASTBINARYFILES & MathLink
  • From: Dag Spicer <spicer at leland.Stanford.EDU>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 01:30:23 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Does anyone have something better than ReadList.  I have a 300x200
matrix to read in (from disk), and mathematica takes way to long to do it
with ReadList.
I've thought about writing a MathLink program to do it, but
alas I know Fortran not C.  I expect it would be faster, but I could
be wrong.

Also, am I the only one who can't get Todd Gayley's FastBinaryFiles to
install on Windows NT?  Install["Binary.exe"] just hangs up the kernel.

--
                     Dag Spicer  -  Stanford University
	              E-m: spicer at leland.stanford.edu
                P.O. Box 7027 Stanford, CA 94309  U.S.A.
	History of Science, Technology, Semiconductor Process Engineering