Re: Lighting, SurfaceColor, and Graphics3D..

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg5877] Re: [mg5721] Lighting, SurfaceColor, and Graphics3D..
  • From: sherod at newton.Colorado.EDU (Scott Herod)
  • Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 01:31:43 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Stan Wagon just showed me a trick to do this.  With Mma 3.0 you can
specify the normal vector of a polygon overriding its true normal.
The trick is then to find a value for the normal which will have it
point in the direction to receive a given shading.  Check the
yellow (?) book titled something like "Graphics in Mathematica"
for the normal specification.

Scott Herod
(sherod at newton.colorado.edu)