Re: implizit function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg5962] Re: [mg5920] implizit function
  • From: seanross at worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 21:11:59 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

#1-Have you tried NSolve, FindRoot or a manual implementation of
Newton-Coates, Newton Raphson, Bisection, etc.?
#2-It seems that you are trying to use mathematica without benefit of a
copy of the mathematica book.  Mathematica is a full-blown programming
language, not just a collection of nifty functions.  Don't be cheap.  Go
buy a copy of the book and browse it at your leisure.
#3-No numerical programming language is a substitute for a basic
understanding of numerical methods.  Go to your local college bookstore
and buy a copy of a numerical methods textbook.  Without any idea of
what is going on behind the built in routines in mathematica, you run
the serious risk of having no idea what results you expect or how to
formulate problems.