Anyone using Mathmatica, Mathcad, or other to model networks?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg5981] Anyone using Mathmatica, Mathcad, or other to model networks?
  • From: jsmilan at visi.com (Jim Smilanich)
  • Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 22:37:55 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

	We are searching for an alternative to the high cost toolsets
such as those from Make Systems and CACI.  We need to be able to build or
buy models which will give us a first order approximation of the bandwidth
demand for a given network design.  We don't want or need exact predictive
capability, just a tool that will help us to avoid buying too much
bandwidth, or under utilizing what we already have.

	From the sampling of the various Web sites that are devoted to
mathematical modeling tools, I believe that Maple, Mathematica, or Mathcad
could meet our needs if we have to build everything from scratch.
However, we would prefer to buy a model based on one of these tools if we
can.

	Any ideas?  Thoughts?  Comments?

--
Jim Smilanich           | "A man should be able to pilot a starship, plan an
jsmilan at visi.com        | invasion, diaper a baby..... specialization is for