Lighting, SurfaceColor, and Graphics3D..

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg5721] Lighting, SurfaceColor, and Graphics3D..
  • From: george at mech.seas.upenn.edu ( George Jefferson )
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 14:29:13 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Is it possable to have a 3d graphic with Lighting->True,
but explicitly specify the color of a particular polygon?

I tried creating a figure with lighting->true and another
with lighting->false and combining them with one Show.
No good, the lighting->true overrides.

I thought you should be able to do it with a SurfaceColor specification,
but that doesn't seem to have the flexability to say 'ignore the
lighting and just set the color'

Ideas?