Coords of intersecting lines...

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg5746] Coords of intersecting lines...
  • From: "Van der Poorten G." <pub01276 at innet.be>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 10:42:26 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

HI,

I know this is a basic question, but after 15 years i tend to forget
some things, specialy when you dont need math every day.

Now, what am i looking for ?

I'm trying to set up some equations on movement of cars and shock
absorbers.( I'm actualy an 3D animator.)
I got stuck with an over complicated formula when trying to find the
intersectionpoint of 2 lines, only knowing 3 points a(x,y) b(x,y) c(x,y)
and that both lines are perpendicular.

Due to computation time, i must find the smallest formula possible.

Can anyone help me on this?

Btw, if you have information on automotive motion, plz let me know

Van der Poorten Geert
3Digit
Belgium