problems with memory

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg5799] problems with memory
  • From: dimiter at shemesh.chem.purdue.edu (Dimiter Petsev)
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 00:44:09 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi everybody,

I have the following problem: when performing some iterative calculations on
Mathematica 2.2 for Sparc, the systems behaves as if the memory is irreversibly
consumed little by little and sometimes it throughs me out of the program.
It seems that all the successive intermetdiate values are kept, thus occupying
memory space.  Could anyone advise me what to do and how to release the memory
I need.

Thanks
Dimiter