Image Processing: Mathematica?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg5744] Image Processing: Mathematica?
- From: keesh at win.tue.nl (Kees Huizing)
- Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 14:29:27 -0500
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
About a year ago I asked this question on the Net: can I do Image processing in Mathematica. Then I got the answer: "In principle yes, but it's very slow. Use a dedicated program." My question now is: Have things changed since then? Are there Mathematica notebooks that do image processing (filtering, convolution, FFT, edge finding, histogram operations, morphological operations) with a reasonable performance? -- Kees Huizing - Eindhoven Univ of Techn - Dept Math & Comp Sc - The Netherlands e-mail: keesh at win.tue.nl telephone: +31-40-2474120 fax: +31-40-2463992 http://www.win.tue.nl/win/cs/tt/keesh/