Image Processing: Mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg5744] Image Processing: Mathematica?
  • From: keesh at win.tue.nl (Kees Huizing)
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 14:29:27 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

About a year ago I asked this question on the Net: can I do Image processing
in Mathematica. Then I got the answer: "In principle yes, but it's very slow.
Use a dedicated program."

My question now is: Have things changed since then? Are there Mathematica
notebooks that do image processing (filtering, convolution, FFT, edge finding,
histogram operations, morphological operations) with a reasonable
performance?
--
Kees Huizing - Eindhoven Univ of Techn - Dept Math & Comp Sc - The Netherlands
e-mail: keesh at win.tue.nl   telephone: +31-40-2474120    fax: +31-40-2463992