Rotated text in graphics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg7835] Rotated text in graphics
  • From: hanson at physics.auburn.edu (James D Hanson)
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 03:01:16 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On page 540 of the Mma 3.0 book is an example of rotated text. The input is

Show[Graphics[
    Text[StyleForm["Some Text",FontSize -> 14,FontWeight -> "Bold"],{2,2},{-1,
        0},{0,1}]],Frame -> True]

In the book, the output cell shows the words "Some Text" rotated as if the
whole block were rotated. Thus, by turning your head a bit, it reads
easily.

When I do this command on my Macintosh, the text show up like this:

That is, the direction of printing is rotated, but each individual letter
is unrotated.

How can I get Mathematica to rotate text the way shows it in the book?

--
James D. Hanson                          ph. (334) 844-5044
Department of Physics                    fax (334) 844-4613
Auburn University, AL 36849-5311         hanson at physics.auburn.edu