cursor location

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg7884] cursor location
  • From: "Chris Purcell" <purcell at drea.dnd.ca>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 15:35:46 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have written a finite element modeller in Mathematica and now want to
build a GUI for it. Is there any way to get the location of the cursor and
the status  of the mouse (mouse up/down etc) when the cursor is inside a
graphics window? I am hoping somone knows of an undocumented FrontEndToken
that corresponds to this. The only way I know to get cursor locations
presently is the standard trick of selecting the graphic, and clicking the
mouse with the Command key held down, then using Command-C to copy the
coordinates to the Clipboard (on a Mac) but that won't do the job here.
Dr. Christopher J. Purcell
Group Leader/Transducers
Defence Research Establishment Atlantic
9 Grove St. Dartmouth, NS, Canada B2Y3Z7

Tel: 902-426-3100 ext 389
FAX: 902-426-9654
E-mail:purcell at drea.dnd.ca

Cdn Nat Liason Officer/SACLANTCEN
Adj Prof of Physics, Dalhousie University