Re: Plot and evaluate help

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg7881] Re: Plot and evaluate help
  • From: dreece at atl.mindspring.com (Daryl Reece)
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 15:35:44 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

If you are trying to plot a function of more than 1 variable, then
Plot3D[f[x,y], {x,x0,x1}, {y,y0,y1}] is what you need.  Remember that
f[x_] means a function with head f and argument x.  If it is truly a
two variable function, it would be better to write f[x1_,x2_]:=...

  If you are merely trying to plot a 1 variable function that has two
parameters fed to it,

Plot[f[x]/.{c1->5, c2->3}, {x,min,max}] will do the trick.

c1 is assigned the value 5 and c2 is 3.  These values would have to be
altered to suit the specific problem.