Re: How do I read/write binary image data? (fwd)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg7957] Re: How do I read/write binary image data? (fwd)
  • From: elsner at avalon.msfc.nasa.gov (Ron Elsner)
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 02:40:31 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Reading or writing large binary files with Mathematica is
hopeless without the MathLink package FastBinaryFiles
written by Todd Gayley and available from Wolfram for free
from their MathSource web site.  Basically this is a C library.

It is documented in the Mathematical Journal Vol4 Issue 2,
Spring 1994, p. 44.

I have no clue why this package isn't included in the released
software.

Hope this helps.

--Ron Elsner