Graphics problems with 3.0.1

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg7796] Graphics problems with 3.0.1
  • From: "Ron I. Herman" <m1rih00 at FRB.GOV>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 22:41:10 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Has anyone experienced any problems with plot labels using
MathKernel under 3.0.1?

In each of the following UNIX cases noted below the fonts are
not being displayed properly, making the labels illegible.

1) Sun Sparc 5 Workstation running Solaris 2.5 with CDE or
   OpenWindows.
2) Sun Sparc 2 Workstation running Solaris 2.4 with Open Windows.
3) PCs running eXceed 5.1.3.
4) NCD X terminal - model HMX - running NCDWARE 3.

It does function properly on X terminals - model 19c - running
NCDWARE 3.

In all cases, the example we were using is a sin curve plot.
Also, for this simple plot, the results were the same whether
or not the Mathematica fonts were on the font path.

Ron Herman
Federal Reserve Board
rherman at frb.gov