Greek fonts in EPS format?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg7772] Greek fonts in EPS format?
  • From: Sudeep Kumar Palat <Sudeep.Palat at item.ntnu.no>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 22:40:53 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Mathematica 3.0, on sun-sparc-Solaris 2.5, notebook interface.

Attempting to save a plot with Greek threw up several problems:

1) Plot[\[Mu], {\[Mu], 0, 1}, AxesLabel -> {"\[Mu]", " "\[Theta]"}];
   Display["filename.eps", %, "EPS"]

  In the saved eps the x and y axes labels are the letters m and q
  instead of the Greek letter mu and theta.  It shows up as mu in the
  graph on screen.  The problems seems to be that fonts are not
  included in the EPS file[1].

I need the EPS format to import it to a LaTeX file (I know of some
methods to import graphics, but I prefer the eps format).  Any hints?

BTW, print selection to file crashes Mathematica (segmentation fault)
often - it seems to depend on the size of the notebook - can't be sure
yet.

Thanks in advance,

sudeep

Footnotes:
[1]  This was verified by printing to file with and without fonts.
  With fonts gave the Greek letters for the axes, but without font, it
  appeared as the Latin letter m.