Re: graphics import/conversion bug?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg7773] Re: graphics import/conversion bug?
  • From: Sudeep Kumar Palat <Sudeep.Palat at item.ntnu.no>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 22:40:54 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael  <malak at qni.com> writes:

Michael> According to the Mathematica documentation, it should be
Michael> possible to import a GIF or JPG file, convert it to
Michael> primitives, and then manipulate it.  However, when I try to
Michael> import the file (either by opening it directly or by choosing
Michael> Import from the File menu, something goes wrong.  Sometimes
Michael> Mathematica just plain crashes, and the other half when I go
Michael> to convert the image to InputForm I am left with a blank
Michael> graphic rather than the correct primitives to draw the image.

It crashes for me too (at least one of them - GIF or JPG did, can't
recall which one).

Mathematica 3.0, sun-sparc-solaris 2.5.

sudeep