putting page breaking into menu

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg7513] putting page breaking into menu
  • From: gaylord at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (richard j. gaylord)
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 10:48:46 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

i mentioned in an earlier note  how to change the text color selection in
the menu of 3.0

one more thing i need is to be able adjust page breaks to be where i want
them and i want to do this from the menu as i could in 2.2..

turn out this is also easily done in 3.0 using the MenuSetup.tr file.
here's how:

locate the file

Mathematica/SystemFiles/FrontEnd/TextResources/Mac/MenuSetup.tr

insert where you like [depending on where you want to this to appear in
the menu]:

Menu["Page Breaking",
{
Item["Page Break Above Cell", PageBreakAbove->True, Scope->SelectionCell],
Item["Page Break Below Cell", PageBreakBelow->True, Scope->SelectionCell],
Item["No Break Above Cell", PageBreakAbove->False, Scope->SelectionCell],
Item["No Break Below Cell", PageBreakBelow->False, Scope->SelectionCell]
}],

way cool!

cautionary note: its a good idea to make these changes on a copy of the
MenuSetup.tr file [not the original] and then quit mathematica before
replacing the original file with the modified version.

richard j. gaylord, university of illinois, gaylord at uiuc.edu

"What I cannot create, I do not understand"
           -Richard P. Feynman-