Q: default input field settable for Input/InputString?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg6414] Q: default input field settable for Input/InputString?
- From: news at pulp.ucs.ualberta.ca
- Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 22:16:24 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I'm using Mma 2.2 for Windows. Is there any way of getting a default expression to appear in the input field of an Input dialog box? It IS possible (in a limited sense) in Mma for NeXTSTEP; in that version, the expression returned by Input appears in the input field of the next dialog box put up by Input. (This was true for at least Mma 2.0) If the answer is "NO", then is there an alternate approach? (I'd like to have a dialog box which presents a default expression that is editable) --- James Strohschein email: strohsch at ee.ualberta.ca High Power Laser Group fax: +1/403/492-1811 Electrical Engineering University of Alberta