Re: 3D Plots

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6423] Re: 3D Plots
  • From: seanross at worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 00:52:19 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Just after I posted my question about how to plot lists of {x,y,z} data,
I stumbled on the solution.  The functions ScatterPlot3D and
ListSurfacePlot3D in the package Graphics`Graphics3D` do an admirable
job with one exception:  They forget their default setting of
BoxRatios->{1,1,.4} for data sets with lots of contrast or too many data
points.  Manually setting BoxRatios makes them display the plots in an
acceptable manner.  Forgettin to set the BoxRatios option manually
results in some genuinely amusing plots.