Re: ToExpression with CForm
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg6462] Re: [mg6368] ToExpression with CForm
- From: seanross at worldnet.att.net
- Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 23:00:25 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Finger wrote: > > Hey Folks, > > I try despertly to convert a stringfile, which containes sienc. > notation of numbers (for example -3.7E10) into a Mathematica Input > form. > > The only way I see, is writing it back to a file, to read it with > ReadList, or to Replace all the E's with 10^ . Both ways seem strange > to me. How does ReadList do this.. > > Does anyone know? > > Thanks a lot for your help. > > Lutz Finger You might try reading in the file as strings, then using StringReplace to change the E's into 10^'s ToExpression on the result ought to give you what you want.