Special Functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6466] Special Functions
  • From: dwarf at wam.umd.edu (Dwarf)
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 1997 13:22:48 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi all!

I'm hoping that someone out there has come across mma packages which have
certain special functions built-in.  Specifically:

The Graetz function (eigenfunction for the ODE
R''[r]+R'[r]/r+lambda (1-r^2)R[r]==0, where lambda is an eigenvalue)

Certain equations of state for typical thermodynamic cycle working fluids
(water, ammonia, etc. . .)

The graetz fn I cannot find anywhere.  The state equations are
available through another mathematics-type program, but with as much time
as I have spend learning mma and matlab. I don't really want to go for a
third.

Can anyone help point me towards any packages which might help (even with
commercial packages), or can anyone suggest how I might go about setting
something like this up?

Thanks

|   timbwolf at eng.umd.edu     |