Re: Multiple convert to EPSF

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6280] Re: [mg6230] Multiple convert to EPSF
  • From: Peter Buttgereit <100413.2225 at compuserve.com>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 09:49:24 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Nachricht geschrieben von Lou Talman
>mathgroup at smc.vnet.net<

Hi Lou,
I used Display[file, graphics] and then the rasterps.exe program to convert the
Mathematica-postscript-style generated by Display to convert it to eps or ai
(which worked best for me) with version 2.2.4 (OS/2).
You can do the converting easily from within Mathematica with the "!" command:
Something like

convertGraphics[file_,grapics_,type_]:=(Display["tmp.dat",graphics];
                                                                              !"r
asterps -format type -file file"
                                                                             )
should save your graphics in Mathematica postscript form in tmp.dat to be
converted to file.type (e.g. Adobe Illustrator 88) if rasterps.exe and your
tmp.dat file are in the same directory. At least this worked under OS/2...
I think rasterps.exe can be downloaded from www.wri.com - I can't tell you about
licenses or so, I had got it together with Mathematica. Also I don't know which
platforms and OS are supported. There are several more graphics types supported
by rasterps.exe than the mentioned *.ai and *.eps.
Hope this helps,
Peter