Sending Graphics to Other N.B.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6506] Sending Graphics to Other N.B.
  • From: Mark Evans <evans at gte.net>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 02:42:59 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I can't manage to send graphics output to a secondary notebook using the
new 3.0 commands.

It seems necessary to paste the graphics command to be evaluated
directly in the secondary display notebook, and have it evaluated there
in place.

The problem with this technique is that (1) I don't want the user to see
the command, just the output; (2) it necessitates creation of variables
in global scope even though the graphics is coming out of a Module[]
with only local variables.  The globals are superfluous and unwanted.

Any ideas?

Mark Evans
evans at gte.net