Re: Problem Installing Mathlink for with Mathematica 3.0 on NT4

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6246] Re: [mg6216] Problem Installing Mathlink for with Mathematica 3.0 on NT4
  • From: seanross at worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 02:05:16 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Patrick Kopitz wrote:

> I am desperatly trying to install Mathlink v1.0.0 with Excel 95.
> In the instalation manual (which I doubt was written for Mathematica 3.0),
> the first step requires to have the MLINK32.DLL, MLLCL32.MLL, MLTCP32.MLL
> files in the windows\system directory (winnt\system32\ in my case). I made
> a search on my harddisk, on the mathematica CDROM and on the mathlink disk
> without finding any of these files.
> I asked this question to the UK support three weeks ago and I still have no
> response.
>
> Could someone please list the correct steps to install Mathlink with MM3?
> Thank you
>
> Patrick

Question:  Do you have the professional or the student version?  The
student version CD does not ship with the mathlink developers kit.
I am guessing that the files you need are indeed part of the mathematica
developers kit which is available from Wolframs ftp site.  The actual
directory is blind, so you will need to get the tech support people to
tell you the complete path of the 3.0 mathlink developers kit.