Nonlinear fitting with integral?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg7013] Nonlinear fitting with integral?
- From: "Michael Rogers" <drmiker at worldnet.att.net>
- Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 14:48:57 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: AT&T WorldNet Services
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi. I'm trying to do a non-linear fit with a model in which one of the parameters is inside a numerical integral (this is physically motivated so I can't change it). The MarquartLevenberg method of NonlinearRegress doesn't want to evaluate it right; maybe its trying to do things symbolically, but it holds the evaluation of the variable and parameters and I can't seem to override it with Evaluate. Maybe I can use the FindMinimum method. I thought I'd tried this but I'll try again. In the mean time, does anybody out there have any ideas? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, -Mike Rogers