Re: Re: Copy-protection

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg7236] Re: [mg7206] Re: Copy-protection
  • From: seanross at worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 19:13:30 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

> I don't know if I understand your problem, but why don't you just install
> it on the notebook from your CD. A CD is write-only so your ID that worked
> on your PC works also on your Notebook. At least, that's why I did, and it
> worked for me.
>
> Armin Gerritsen

There are at least two versions of the copy protection out.  If you were
first in line for Mma 3.0 and got 3.0.0.0, then you got a machine
specific copy protection.  If you bought one a little later and got
3.0.0.1, you got a generic password.  I only know this because I bought
two licenses.  By the way, you just admitted to several hundred people
(including many Wolfram employees) that you violated your software
license.