Re: How to clear all definitions?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg7246] Re: [mg7220] How to clear all definitions?
  • From: penny at suu.edu (Des Penny)
  • Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 19:14:08 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

>I play around with the definitions of functions a lot and I've learned
>that every time I change something, I better save the file, close mma
>and restart it.  Otherwise, mma gives rediculous answers sometimes and
>I never know what mode I'm in.
>
>Question: is there some simple command which clears all definitions
>and saves me from the close/restart routine?
>
>Thanks for any clues, Rob

Hi Rob:

Get the CleanSlate package.  I believe you can download it from MathSource.
Place this package in a location that is searched by Mma (see contents of
$Path) such as "Mathematica:3.0:AddOns:Applications".

Read in this package at the end of your init.m file using:

Needs["CleanSlate`"]

Then when you want to clear all your definitions, just do the following:

CleanSlate[]

Cheers,

Des Penny

Des Penny