Looking for: genetic art program

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg7272] Looking for: genetic art program
  • From: Robert Shanks <shanks at synthlab.pdial.interpath.net>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 02:59:31 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am looking for ANY genetic art programs (Mac, PC, Linux (no Thinking
Machine yet)).
I have Imogenes for the PC - it's OK, but is low res (320 x 240) and a
bit buggy.  I would like to find a work horse program. I'm not up to
writing my own right now, although I've been doing some work with
Mathematica and that might give me a head start.         Info?   Web
sites?  Ideas?    Progs?

I  took one of the classes at Siggraph in New Orleans; one of the
speakers was Karl Sims ... so I've been wanting to find a program to work
with.

Thanks - Robert Shanks / Synthlab