Re: Unknown options in Mma 3.0: built-in functions vs. user-defined functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6995] Re: [mg6943] Unknown options in Mma 3.0: built-in functions vs. user-defined functions
  • From: "Sherman.Reed" <sherman.reed at worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 14:48:41 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Bob,
It depends on the design of the function.  In general, an extra option is
indicative of
a typo error, and would probably produce junk.  Built in functions or
commands
tend (in my experience) to be very robust.  Commands and functions from
add-on packages tend to vary more, some robust and some not. In my own
design, I rarely
consider the addition of an extra option ( and I should )

Sherman C. Reed
sherman.reed at worldnet.att.net

> From: Robert Lawrence <r.lawrence at worldnet.att.net>
> To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net