Re: "Save Graphic As BMP" problems...

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg7306] Re: [mg7271] "Save Graphic As BMP" problems...
  • From: seanross at worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 01:41:35 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Stefan Wolfrum wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using a Matrox Millennium at 1600x1200 resolution at 65K colors and
> Mathematica 3.0 under Windows NT 4.0. I did a 3D-Plot, selected the cell
> and chose Save as BMP from the context menu. I got a BMP-file of about 800K
> but when I loaded it into Photoshop is was just black with several
> horizontal thin white stripes...
> Any solution to this problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Stefan.
> --
> Stefan Wolfrum
> University Of Bonn, Germany
> Computer Graphics Research Group
> Private URL: titan.cs.bonn.edu/~wolfrum

I my experience, the file conversion routines from the front-end drop
down menus are all broken in Mma 3.0.  The kernel command Display works
fine though.  I save graphics in GIF, TIFF and BMP all the time on my
windows 95 pentium.  I have not been able to save and export any EPS or
MPS files using Display.