crop .eps-files?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9483] crop .eps-files?
  • From: kd at himolde.no (Ketil Danielsen)
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 1997 23:04:17 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I print a selected region (a plot) to a postscript file.  The postscript
file fills a whole page and I want to zoom in on the interesting part
(the graphplot) and include it in a latex  document as a normal figure
that takes up only parts of the page (with the normal epsfbox[]
sequence). How do I crop .eps files?  Do I have to know postscript?
   Right now I convert to GIF, crop the GIF image  (in xv) and convertit
back to .eps (using xfig) &  there must be a better way.  Any help
appreciated. Is
 -- ketil