Re: Write problem with {}

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9509] Re: Write problem with {}
  • From: skk <skk at gyro.snu.ac.kr>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 1997 23:04:38 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

kchun wrote:

> With mathematica output, I was trying to write it into file. But with
> {}
> character, the number was written. As an example, If I'd like to write
>
> 3.0123, in file the number was written in the following way.
>
> {3.0123}
>
> I used the funtion Write[] and >>, but the results was same. How can I
>
> write rightly ?

I did solve my problem for myself. :-)

I must use Write[] function as following.

result=y[100]/%.;
file=OpenAppend["re.dat"];
Write[file, result[[1]] ];    <----------------   This is key point.

Before, I write "Write[file, result]; ", so it didn't work properly.

Anyway, I'd like to thank seanross at worldnet.att.net for his advice.