[Q] gnuplot features in Mathematica 3.x

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9585] [Q] gnuplot features in Mathematica 3.x
  • From: Leonid Razoumov <lrazoumo at balu.qualcomm.com>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 01:40:50 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Everyone,

there are two nice GNUplot features which I miss in Mathematica.

1). Gnuplot allows to combine different line-styles with different
    point-styles, thus making a large number of distinct line-styles
    available for several curves on one plot. E.g. --x---x---x---x
    is a style made of a line ------ and points "x   x   x".

2). For each curve on a plot GNUplot puts in the upper right corner a
    label of the form "---- name",  where "----" is a sample of actual
    line style  the reffered curve and "name" is a user-defined tag.

I am not yet very experienced with Mathematica, therefore I hope there
is a way in Mathematica 3.0 to achieve the same effects but I do not
know how.

Any suggestions/tips/recommendations are HIGHLY appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time,
Leo