Hatching of a polygon

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9587] Hatching of a polygon
  • From: "G. I. Mark" <mark at sunserv.kfki.hu>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 23:24:00 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I'd like to find a function which fills a polygon with a given pattern.
(E.g. hatching with lines of given direction.)

As far as I know mathematica 2.2 can only fill a polygon with a color
but not with a pattern.

PostScript can do pattern filling.
Perhaps the simlest solution for my problem would be to change the
PostScript generated for color-filled polygons to fill the polygons by
patterns instead?

If yes, how can one do that?

Please, send the answer not only to the List but directly to my Email.

Thanks,

Geza I. Mark

mark at sunserv.kfki.hu
www.phy.bme.hu/mg