Hatching a polygon

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9623] Hatching a polygon
  • From: mark at sunserv.kfki.hu (Geza I. Mark)
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 21:40:02 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I'd like to find a function which fills a polygon with a given pattern.
(E.g. hatching with lines of given direction.)

As far as I know mathematica 2.2 can only fill a polygon with a color
but not with a pattern.

PostScript can do pattern filling.
Perhaps the simlest solution for my problem would be to change the
PostScript generated for color-filled polygons to fill the polygons by
patterns?

Please, send the answer not only to the List but directly to my Email.

Thanks,

Geza I. Mark

mark at sunserv.kfki.hu
www.phy.bme.hu/mg