Re: Hiding cells when printing?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9626] Re: [mg9552] Hiding cells when printing?
  • From: "C. Woll" <carlw at u.washington.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 21:40:05 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi John,

One idea is to create your own style sheet. You can do this by selecting
a style sheet you would like to modify

Format -> Style Sheet -> "style sheet you like"

Then, choose to edit an imported version of the style sheet by

Format -> Edit Style Sheet -> Import and Edit Styles

Now you should have a style definitions notebook on your screen. Open up
Styles for Input/OutPut, and then make a copy of the cell

Prototype for style: "Input":

In the copy of the cell, change the name to something like InputHide.
Do this by doing Format->ShowExpression on the cell. Then open up this
cell and select the Input/Printout cell. Change the name of this cell
to InputHide/Printout by doing Format->ShowExpression again. Now, you
can add the line

CellOpen->False

by hand, or you can close up the expression by doing
Format->ShowExpression again, and then calling up the Option Inspector.
Finally, save this style sheet with your favorite name, and use it for
future notebooks.

Obviously, there is a lot of other things you can do, like adding a
label to identify the cell as a hidden input cell, etc.

Hope that helps.

Carl Woll
Dept of Physics
U of Washington