Mathematica Printing Problems

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9700] Mathematica Printing Problems
  • From: jthan at world.std.com (Jonathan M Richardson)
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 01:31:46 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Is anyone else _pissed off_ that v3.0.1 can't properly print without
intervention from the user (i.e. manually downloading the fonts to the
printer). This has serious ramifications in my ability to use
Mathematica in the manner I have for years.  Consider the following
cases:

1) I create a document that includes epsf figures generated in
Mathematica. No one but I can print it, since they don't have the
fonts. The figures can not be shared with anyone else for the same
reason.

2) I create a PDF file from a document that contains Mathematica
figures. I must include the Mathematica fonts greatly increasing the
size of the file.

3) Every time I print I have to worry that the printer has been reset,
losing the fonts.  Therefore I must download the fonts frequently.

Is there any way out of this quagmire? For example, can I force
Mathematica to only use Times fonts for plot labels?

-Jonathan.