SunSparc version 3.01

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9856] SunSparc version 3.01
  • From: Rui Batista <rbatista at goldcompass.com>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 05:36:11 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am having problems with Mathematica and the number pad on our Sun
Sparc 20 (Solaris 2.5) type 5 keyboard. While attempting to input
numbers with the number pad on the keyboard, the inputting of the
numbers 2,4,6,8 causes the cursor to jump around the screen. Obviously
these keys are being recognized as directional movements for the cursor
on the screen. If the problem did not only happen on Mathematica, than
I would have said that the keys had been programmed for directional
movements, but since it is only a Mathematica problem, the problem lies
there in.

The good people at Wolfram technical assistance said there is a problem
with my keyboard mapping. Since I cannot find any reference in any
Mathematica manual to keyboard mapping, I ask if any body is familiar
with this problem. Again I must stress, that the problem does not exist
out side the Mathematica environment.

Rui Batista
rbatista at goldcompass