Re: Headers/Footers dialog box for 3.0.1 on the Mac -- does it work

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9375] Re: Headers/Footers dialog box for 3.0.1 on the Mac -- does it work
  • From: Paul Abbott <paul at physics.uwa.edu.au>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Nov 1997 03:34:00 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

AES wrote:

> The File -> Printing Setting -> Headers and Footers dialog box in
> Mathematica 3.0.1 on the Mac has a  text box labelled "Left aligned:"
>
> which contains a default string:
>
>    Cell[ TextData[ {CounterBox[ "Page"]}], "PageNumber"]
>
> while the box labelled "Right aligned" contains:
>
>    Cell[ TextData[ {ValueBox[ "FileName"]}], "Header"]
>
> Yet:
>
> 1)  The page number actually prints on the left end of the header, while
> the file name prints on the right.
>
> 2)  Copying and pasting these strings so their positions are reversed
> doesn't change this.
>
> 3)  There's also a "Center aligned:" box; copying either string into it
> prints nothing at all (in the center, that is).

This is because you are actually printing the Right aligned headers and
footers.

The Left aligned headers and footers only print if you have the Left and
Right pages option checked.  By default (and this confused me) the
Right aligned headers and footers are printed by default.

Cheers,
	Paul

The University of Western Australia            Nedlands WA  6907
mailto:paul at physics.uwa.edu.au  AUSTRALIA
http://www.pd.uwa.edu.au/~paul

            God IS a weakly left-handed dice player