Re: .WAV files - problem reading them

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9881] Re: [mg9813] .WAV files - problem reading them
  • From: Mark Evans <evans at gte.net>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 00:39:30 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

You should search DejaNews on this newsgroup to find answers to your
problem.  This topic has come up before.

(1) ReadSoundfile has bugs.  It only works on 8-bit files.  Convert your
files to 8-bit format in another program and try them in Mathematica.

(2) Mathematica is the wrong choice for numerical signal processing.
It's too slow; I waited over 40 minutes to bandpass a one-minute
soundfile.  Contact me for a high quality but inexpensive ($50)
alternative.  Save yourself a lot of pain and do your numerical DSP
work outside Mathematica.

Mark