automated notebook creation?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg9036] automated notebook creation?
- From: Bob Young <ryoung at SciComp.com>
- Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 00:05:33 -0400
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Mathematica 3 Unix, X windows I need to automate construction of a notebook. The code to do it is simple, but I need to find a way to execute the code with no human action. I believe this requires both the front end Notebook AND the kernel to be running and communicating. Once the front end Notebook is running, the communication is normally initiated by the user sending a Shift-Return. How can I get the communication going WITHOUT a human to press the key? Thanks for any pointers Bob Young SciComp Inc 5806 Mesa, Suite 250 Austin, TX 78731 512-451-1434 512-451-1622 (FAX) e-mail: ryoung at SciComp.com http://www.sig.net/~scicomp