Formatting input

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9079] Formatting input
  • From: ami at gladstone.uoregon.edu (Adam Hardin Price)
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 01:43:00 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Thanks for the many replies I had to my question about listplot in color.
I have a second question.

I upgraded from 2.2 to 3.0 last december and am very happy with it except
for three things.

1.)  I have a PowerMac, and every document I open in the help window gets
an alias in the recent documents folder, rendering this folder almost
useless.  Is there any way around this?

2.)  When I layed out my programs in 2.2, I made liberal use of the tab
key, which was approximately 5 spaces.  In 3.0, it seems to be
approximately one space  (pointless.)  Is there any preference I can
switch off to get my old tab back?

3.)  I am similarly frustrated with the "smart" mouse selection.  I don't
like having the computer decide how much to highlight. (Sometimes I only
want to delete part of a function name, etc.) Is there a way to
get the standard click and drag highliter back?  An option key maybe?
 (This may be a Macintosh OS question, but since I use my mac for nothing
but Mathematica, this newsgroup gets the dump.)

Thanks for any response,
-Adam