Re: notebook autosave in 3.0?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg9170] Re: notebook autosave in 3.0?
- From: Sudeep Kumar Palat <Sudeep.Palat at item.ntnu.no>
- Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 02:02:45 -0400
- Organization: Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
>>>>> "Dave" == Dave Harvatin <dtharvat at brain.uccs.edu> writes: Dave> I can only address the Windows version of Mathematica 3.0. If you give Dave> a cell in a notebook the "Initialization Cell" property then Dave> save the notebook, Mathematica asks if you want to autosave. [...] Dave> It is saved with the same name as the notebook file, but with Dave> the .m file extension instead of the .nb file extension. Thanks for the reply. But I was refering to "autosave" that would save the notebook after every command is executed (the way Mathematica version 2 did) to care of crashes etc. The .m files are autosaved when the notebook is saved - manually. Dave> On 9 Oct 1997 01:37:20 -0400, Sudeep Kumar Palat Dave> <Sudeep.Palat at item.ntnu.no> wrote: >> Mathematica 3.0 on sun-sparc-solaris 2.5 >> >> I have set the notebookautosave option on but the file itself is >> not updated nor can I find any autofile files. I have searched all >> over for it - does autosave work and if so, where and under what >> name does it save the files? sudeep