Re: UNIX to PC problems

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9224] Re: UNIX to PC problems
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 01:00:37 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Ray Simpkins wrote:

> I run Mathematica 3.0 on my PC and use Mathematica 3.0 on a unix station
> at school.  Does  anyone know why I can't read these files at school?
> Are the two compatible?   Do I need special software?  Any support
> would be appreciated.  Thanks Ray

What is your definition of "can't read these files" above?  How are
making the files available to the Unix machine?  Is it by FTP?   Did
you use ASCII transfer (as opposed to binary or I) like it says in the
manual and in the header of the notebook file?

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram