Headers/Footers dialog box for 3.0.1 on the Mac -- does it work

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9315] Headers/Footers dialog box for 3.0.1 on the Mac -- does it work
  • From: siegman at ee.stanford.edu (AES)
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 02:47:30 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

The File -> Printing Setting -> Headers and Footers dialog box in
Mathematica 3.0.1 on the Mac has a  text box labelled "Left aligned:"
which contains a default string:

   Cell[ TextData[ {CounterBox[ "Page"]}], "PageNumber"]

while the box labelled "Right aligned" contains:

   Cell[ TextData[ {ValueBox[ "FileName"]}], "Header"]

Yet:

1)  The page number actually prints on the left end of the header, while
the file name prints on the right.

2)  Copying and pasting these strings so their positions are reversed
doesn't change this.

3)  There's also a "Center aligned:" box; copying either string into it
prints nothing at all (in the center, that is).

I've tried doing these things on both the notebook itself and the
(shared) style sheet; nothing seems to change the header format.  This
is a PowerMac 8600, Mac OS 8, Mathematica 3.0.1 and what I  _really_
want is just to print the current date centered, or somewhere!, in the
header.