Re: Sequence is funny !
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg8951] Re: [mg8852] Sequence is funny !
- From: "culioli" <culioli at cas.ensmp.fr>
- Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 01:59:19 -0400
- Organization: Ecole des Mines de Paris
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello dear, Just try On Sequence[1,3] + 1 Off And look at the answer. There is no bug since Sequence has no Head so it gets "eaten" by the Plus head. This is what splice means. Cheers. seanross at worldnet.att.net a écrit dans l'article <611otr$hho at smc.vnet.net>... > > Gilles BARBIER wrote: > > <<<<snip>> > Since Sequence is advertised as: > > "Sequence[expr1, expr2, ... ] represents a sequence of arguments to be > spliced automatically into any function." > > The above behavior IS a bug in my opinion regardless of how you can > explain it with internal structure etc. The command does not do as > advertised=> a bug. > >