Export of Mathematica surfs to 3D file formats

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8888] Export of Mathematica surfs to 3D file formats
  • From: Kim Baumann Larsen <kiml at aho.com>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 20:16:57 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have taken interest in Mathematica as a designtool for complex
surfaces in architecture.
The problem I have is that exporting the surfaces to DXF just wan't do
it for me.

In order to do FEM analyses on the resulting complex surfaces I need to
output the surfaces into IGES-format or some other continous surface
definition set like a number of splines that can be skinned later or so
on (this will not work for all surfaces).

Have anybody looked into this or heard about software that will do the
conversion?

Thanks,

Kim Baumann Larsen
Dimension Design AS