problem printing on a mac

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8482] problem printing on a mac
  • From: suzuki at gf.hm.rd.sanyo.co.jp
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 16:15:22 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I upgraded to 3.0 several weeks ago from 2.2.2.  Ever since then,
printing has
become a nightmare.  It can take upwards of 20 minutes to print a simple
2
page document.  I have tried different fonts, but that doesn't help.
I have even tried 2.2.2 and it now also takes an unreasonable amount of
time to print.  Have I done something wrong?  Has anyone else
experienced this?  I would appreciate any help/input.
I am on PowerMac 7200/90 with 32 megs of ram.  I am printing
to an Apply LaserWriter Select.  It is a problem because the
printer is shared by several people, and I can't tie up the printer
like that, so none of my work is getting done (or at least, printed
out).  I would appreciate any help.  Thanks.

Robert
h71robert at gf105.a1.sanyo.co.jp